Clip ‘n Climb waiver
- To be signed by everyone aged over 18 or by a parent/responsible adult for those under age 18.
By participating in Clip ‘n Climb at High Rise you agree to the rules and conditions below and to the general terms and conditions for High Rise. It is the responsibility of parents/guardians or supervising adults to ensure that the children in their care adhere to these safety rules.
- Due to the physical nature of Clip ‘n Climb, minor injuries like bumps, bruises and scrapes are common. By participating or allowing the children in your care to participate, you acknowledge and accept this risk.
- By taking part, you acknowledge that you, and other climbers in your booking party, are in a fit state of health to participate and do not have a medical condition that may be triggered or aggravated by participating in activities in the climbing arena, such as a neck, back, shoulder, hip, and knee injury. If you are in any doubt about your ability to participate, we advise you to speak to a member of Clip ‘n Climb Lisburn staff.
- We recommend that anyone who is pregnant does not take part in Clip ‘n Climb.
- In signing this waiver you are giving consent to medical assistance in the case of an accident or medical emergency.
- If you or any of your party has additional needs, we would be delighted to speak with you in advance about how we can help to ensure you have the best possible experience.
- Anyone with Covid-19 symptoms should not enter High Rise.
- All guests participating in Clip ‘n Climb must attend the briefing session each time they visit, where they will watch a safety video and demonstration, be fitted with their climbing harness and be given instructions by the lead Clip ‘n Climb instructor. All those under the age of 14 should be accompanied by a parent / responsible adult aged 18+.
- We may take photographs and record videos for the purposes of promoting the activities on offer within our centre. In using the centre, you consent to this, but where you have any concern about this you can speak to a centre manager.
- Bookings must be paid in full at time of booking and are non-refundable.
Clip ‘n Climb rules
Clip ‘n Climb is a potentially dangerous activity that can lead to serious injury if safety procedures are not followed. All participants are required to adhere to the rules outlined during the Clip ‘n Climb safety briefing and any additional safety information given by centre staff. These rules include but are not limited to:
- Do not climb unless you are securely attached via the Auto Belay system. A safety video and briefing will be provided beforehand, all climbers MUST attend a safety briefing on each occasion before they climb.
- Do not walk or stand on the purple warning mats or marked fall zones when a climbing wall is in use.
- Do not ‘pull down’ on the rope whilst climbing.
- All participants must dress appropriately for Clip ‘n Climb which includes:
- The removal of all jewellery and loose clothing;
- Pockets should be emptied of loose items eg mobile phone, coins, keys etc;
- Long hair must be tied back;
- Closed toe footwear to be worn at all times – flip flops, sandals or ‘Croc’ style footwear are not permitted;
- Dresses and skirts are not permitted.
- No running or horseplay is permitted in the climbing arena.
- The minimum age for Clip ‘n Climb is 4 years, with a minimum weight of 1.5 stone / 10kg.
- The maximum weight limit of participants is 22 stone / 150kgs.
- There is no maximum age limit, as long as the participant is in good physical health and the above risks have been acknowledged.
- Minimum height for Vertical Drop Slide and Leap of Faith is 4ft / 120cm.
- All those participating in Clip ‘n Climb must adhere to any directions from Clip ‘n Climb staff.
All children up to and including 13 years must have a parent/guardian, or supervising adult eg a teacher or youth group leader, present in the building at all times when using the Clip ’n Climb facility.
The child’s parent/guardian or supervising adult remains responsible for the welfare of the child at all times and must decide what level of supervision the child needs in the Clip ‘n Climb arena in light of his/her age, confidence and ability. We encourage all parents/supervising adults to interact and share the Clip ‘n Climb experience with the children in their care.
Children aged 14-17 years are permitted to climb unsupervised. Note for school/group/party bookings the person who makes the booking is confirming that parent/guardian consent has been confirmed for all young people who are part of the booking.