New climbing classes at High Rise launched
11th December 2019
High Rise in Lisburn has launched a new programme of indoor climbing classes, starting on Tuesday 14 January 2020 – a great challenge for anyone looking to get fit and develop a new skill for the new year (and the new decade!)
This four week class, which is ideal for complete beginners, will teach you essential climbing skills, while pushing your perceived limits and taking you to new heights! This is a progressive climbing course, designed for you to become safe and independent climbing wall users. Indoor climbing is a great place to start climbing, with its easy access and generally relaxed environment. Give it a go – you might find that climbing becomes the sport of your life!
Not sure if climbing is for you? Well why not try our exciting indoor climbing sessions to find out in a safe and encouraging environment! A great alternative to the gym for those wanting to shed some of the winter holiday weight, climbing works every core muscle group, whilst also being lots of fun! These sessions are also perfect for you if you know how to climb but need to perfect your climbing technique.
- Introduction to the climbing wall and general best practice guidelines for climbing
- Introduction to climbing equipment / putting on a harness
- How to attach to the rope – introduction to the figure of eight knot
- Introduction to the belay system and belaying – tying in, climbing and getting belayed by a climbing partner
- Movement techniques for climbing
- Personalised continuous skills assessment
The course is aimed at adults and older teens (age 14+) and is perfect for:
- Groups of friends
- People who want to learn a new skill
- Gym goers wanting a new challenge
- Families looking for a fun activity to do with their teenagers or older children
- Youth groups
Course fee: £50 (includes all equipment, entry to the climbing arena and professional instruction)
Light and loose clothing should be worn
Course duration: 4 weeks (90 minutes per week)
Starts: Tuesday 14 January 2020 at 7pm
To book email firstname.lastname@example.org or call High Rise on 028 9263 6195.
Full payment is required to secure your place on the course. Once booked, places may not be cancelled or transferred. All climbers climb at their own risk.